Re: [ydn-javascript] Which is Quicker...?

  • Matt Warden
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4 2:27 PM
      On 7/4/06, wwempire <carson@...> wrote:
      > YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName('someclass','DIV',YAHOO.util.Dom.get('someId'))
      >
      > or
      >
      > YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName('someclass');
      >
      > I ask because the docs say you get a perf boost if you provide an root
      > node -- but is that perf increase cancelled out (if you will) when you
      > make the .get() call?

      It will depend on your particular DOM tree. I suspect that in most
      cases the first will be faster, partially because of the root but also
      because of the tag name parameter. But, let's say your element with id
      someId is the body element. In this case, the first will probably be
      slower (but, again, that will depend on the % of div elements in the
      subtree).

      Note also that you can simply provide the root's id. The method calls
      get() internally anyway.

      --
      Matt Warden
      Oxford, OH, USA