Re: how "public" is YAHOO.util.Connect._sFormData?

  • Randal L. Schwartz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Philip Tellis <philip.tellis@...> wrote:
      > Randal, if all your form submits happen via javascript and all are
      > async, then you could do it with a hidden form variable called async1
      > with a default value of "" or 0.
      >
      > Then you set its value using javascript. You could set this value as
      > soon as the hidden field is available.

      Yes, unfortunately, what I have is a big container form that has everything interesting on the
      page, and multiple buttons for user-driven actions. However, I also want to access some
      hidden state variables in my async request, and the "most lazy" method is to simply take the
      entire monster form and push it up via XHR, but with an extra flag that says "but this is to do
      async request #1".

      Thanks for your comment. I still need to confirm that my reacharound is not going to bite
      me in future YUI releases. If any Y! developer is paying attention, please tell me. Thanks.
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Randal L. Schwartz"
        <merlyn@...> wrote:

        > Yes, unfortunately, what I have is a big container form that has
        everything interesting on the
        > page, and multiple buttons for user-driven actions. However, I also
        want to access some
        > hidden state variables in my async request, and the "most lazy"
        method is to simply take the
        > entire monster form and push it up via XHR, but with an extra flag
        that says "but this is to do
        > async request #1".
        >
        > Thanks for your comment. I still need to confirm that my
        reacharound is not going to bite
        > me in future YUI releases. If any Y! developer is paying attention,
        please tell me. Thanks.

        No guarantees. Since _sFormData isn't declared as a public member,
        you *may* run into issues if Connection Manager no longer requires
        this member. But, in all likelihood, that won't happen until a major
        version revision occurs.

        Regards,
        Thomas