Clicking sound in IE

  • rbnboylan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      I've just started with YUI and Javascript, so I apologize in advance
      if this question is too basic.

      I borrowed a techinque used here:
      http://www.kawa.net/works/js/tips/yui-tooltips-e.html
      to loop through the page and assign tooltips to about 30 links. This
      is kind of slow in FF, but in IE it produces 30 plus "clicking"
      sounds, as if I am clicking on a link. Most searches about stopping
      the noise result in suggestions to write new code.

      Is there a better, faster way to assign tooltips to 30-40 <a> tags
      with the class of "tips" than this? Or at least suppress the noise?
      We're still in the pre-release stage of the site, so we don't have
      many restrictions on solutions. And what specifically triggers IE to
      make the "click" noise?

      Thanks.

      Using YUI, and this code:

      function init() {
      var list = YAHOO.util.Dom.getElementsByClassName("tips","a",
      document.documentElement);
      for( var i=0; i<list.length; i++ ) {
      var el = 'tooltip'+i;
      var tp = new YAHOO.widget.Tooltip( el, { context:list[i]} );
      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", init);