Global DragDrop

  • zdz_java
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      Does anyone know a quick way to make my DragDrop elements global?

      I have a project in which I have created a (complex) workspace using
      div tags instead of tables, and placing them absolutely throughout the
      docuemnt. I am using each div as its own window in that I intend each
      of them to be overflow:auto. I would like to be able to drag one
      element within a div window to another target element inside a
      seperate div window.

      I am thinking that the best solution is to extend DD and override the
      startDrag and endDrag method so that they remove the element from its
      former div and position it absolutely within the body. My problem is
      that I'm not quite sure how to use targets accurately in this method
      when droping the elements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.