Re: [ydn-javascript] research: why YUI dragdrop is so slow

  • Philip Tellis
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 3, 2006
      Sometime on Jun 19, SS cobbled together some glyphs to say:

      > From some of the more recent work I've done, I've seen some pretty
      > interesting correlations between javascript animation performance
      > (render speed / frame rate / CPU use) and graphics cards on the PC
      > with Firefox in particular.

      firefox on FreeBSD is terrible when it comes to opacity. The larger the
      size of a semi transparent div, the slower the box gets (yes, not just
      the browser, but the entire box). The lightbox effect can make a
      browser really slow, and trying to drag over that is very jerky.

      Dragging a large semi-transparent div is also jerky and sometimes leaves
      trails behind.

      Philip

      --
      YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
      (Hogfather)