Drag and Drop setOuterHandleElId is broken! Fix?

  • smcbride77777
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      So, I'm trying to use a drag and drop object where the handle is
      actually OUTSIDE of the area of the element that is being dragged. (It
      is placed outside of the area using CSS absolute positioning withing
      the containing element.)

      The problem is that even though I'm using the setOuterHandleElId
      method to set the handle, it still won't register and start dragging.

      The function sets up a listener which calls handleMouseDown on
      clicking the external handle. This is fine, but then within
      handleMouseDown, there is another check (line 658 of the uncompressed
      dragdrop.js) which fails for handles that are outside the area of the
      drag element.

      I'd really like this function to work as advertised! I tried the fix
      referenced in this thread
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript/message/1991) but it
      seems to severely mess up when there are multiple groups in play.

      Anyone have a way to fix this? Official patch coming soon?