using responseXML in IE

  • Dustin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14 1:22 PM
      I am using connection.js to create an asynchronous request for an XML
      file.

      I am retrieving the file ok, but I am having trouble doing anything
      useful with it in IE. This works great in Firefox (o is the request
      object):

      var rows = o.responseXML.getElementsByTagName('row');
      var cols = rows[0].getElementsByTagName('col');

      my XML file looks something like this:
      <row>
      <col>stuff</col>
      <col>stuff</col>
      </row>
      <row>
      <col>stuff</col>
      <col>stuff</col>
      </row>

      In the past I have also used syntax such as:
      cols[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue;
      to get the value inside the XML tags, in this case "stuff".

      Any ideas on how to implement these two things in IE with this
      library?
      Thanks!
    • Alex Russell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14 3:30 PM
        IE is much picker about the mimetype that the response is provided with.
        Use something like livehttpheaders or ethereal to verify that you are
        indeed providing the correct mimetype.

        Regards

        --
        Alex Russell