TabView Scrolling Problem in IE

  • memibeltrame
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2008
      Hi all
      if you have a look at

      http://memibeltrame.ch/viewport/tabbed_viewport.html

      you can see a layout that uses a tabView as the main element for the
      center region.

      While it works fine so far for Firefox there are two issues in IE:

      1) The elements of the tab oveflow the tab

      2) The scrollbar is displayed, even in the assumably correct
      proportions (i.e. it get bigger wenn the draggable elments heighten
      one of the columns).
      Despite the scrollbar being there it does not do a thing.

      Any suggestions on this?

      Any help is highly appreciated!

      Memi
    • memibeltrame
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2008
        I stumbled over sort of a solution ehile taking care of the
        TabView-height.

        Since the TabView would not expand to the center Unit's height, i
        added the following function to adjust the hright of the div that
        holds the actual tabs (with the id "layerContents")

        var adjustTabViewHeight = function() {
        var c = layout.getUnitByPosition('center');
        var height=c.getSizes().wrap.h+"px";
        Dom.setStyle("layerContents", "height",height);
        };

        layout.on("render", adjustTabViewHeight);
        layout.on("resize", adjustTabViewHeight);

        This takes care of the overflow. It display two scrollbars, one for
        the center Unit and one for the tabView.
        Setting the units scrolling to false brings back the old behaviour.

        The fixed file is here:
        http://memibeltrame.ch/viewport/tabbed_viewport_fixed.html