Flash and YAHOO.widget.Panel

  • Andrew Dunn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hello, I'm a newbie to the forum so hello..

      Just playing with the Yahoo.widget.Panel:

      panel = new YAHOO.widget.Panel("rule_drill",
      { width:"400px", height:"400px",
      fixedcenter: true,
      constraintoviewport: true,
      underlay:"shadow",
      close:true, visible:false, draggable:true,
      modal:true}
      );
      panel.render();
      panel.show();

      Great fun, however I'm using it on a webpage that as a Flash graph embedded
      in it, so on IE the graph doesn't have the mask applied to it, on firefox
      the graph is removed.

      I'm wondering if this is a problem with the Yahoo API or the fact I'm using
      flash, and if either of these, is it something that can be worked around?

      Andy
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006

        Andrew –

        Can you provide a code sample or a URL so that I can see this in action? I might be able to help you resolve your issue. One starting point for you might be to make sure that you’re rendering your Panel into document.body. Sometimes this helps resolve z-index issues.

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2006

          Steven

          Sorry for the delay, i’ve done a mockup: http://www.ihex.co.uk/test/ if you click on one of the graph bars then the popup should appear,

          On my PC it is showing the symptons I described earlier, either hiding the chart, or not doing the overlay, the code is exaclty what.

          What do you mean by rendering into the document body? Does this mean placing the content div in the document body?

          Andy