Source for uploader.swf? The value for event["bytesLoaded"] is incorrect.

  • Downtime
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
      I'm trying to debug a problem where event["bytesLoaded"] in
      onUploadProgress is set to the same value as event["bytesTotal"] from
      the first time it is called, even on large files which take a while to
      upload. The magic seems to happen in uploader.swf, but when I
      downloaded the YUI source I couldn't find an uploader.fla to see
      what's going on there.

      The examples work fine, but I don't know what I've done differently to
      cause this behavior. Other than this it is working really well.

      Does anyone know if the source for uploader.swf will be made available?

      Thanks.
    • Allen Rabinovich
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
        The source is available and included in the distribution. It's not an FLA file; rather, it's an
        AS file that you can compile using the freely available Flex SDK (you can also use Flash IDE;
        just set that AS file to be your Document Class). You'll find it in the src/as folder.

        As for the bug -- I just checked the code and tested the uploader, and it appears to be
        setting the correct value for bytesLoaded. Can you perhaps provide a link to an example
        where this is happening?

        Thanks,
        Allen

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Downtime" <vic@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to debug a problem where event["bytesLoaded"] in
        > onUploadProgress is set to the same value as event["bytesTotal"] from
        > the first time it is called, even on large files which take a while to
        > upload. The magic seems to happen in uploader.swf, but when I
        > downloaded the YUI source I couldn't find an uploader.fla to see
        > what's going on there.
        >
        > The examples work fine, but I don't know what I've done differently to
        > cause this behavior. Other than this it is working really well.
        >
        > Does anyone know if the source for uploader.swf will be made available?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Vic
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
          Thanks Allen,

          I can't find any .as files or a src folder in the 2.5.0 zip file at
          http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=165715&filename=yui_2.5.0.zip.

          Is there another download for source?

          Here's the page where I'm seeing the problem:

          http://www.thecitruscountyclassifieds.com/private_classified_up.php?catid=18&subcatid=255&type=classified&addid=160

          If you click to add a photo gallery that's where I'm trying to use the
          uploader control.

          Thanks again for your help Allen, I really appreciate it.

          Take care,
          Vic.

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Rabinovich"
          <allenrabinovich@...> wrote:

          > The source is available and included in the distribution. It's not
          an FLA file; rather, it's an
          > AS file that you can compile using the freely available Flex SDK
          (you can also use Flash IDE;
          > just set that AS file to be your Document Class). You'll find it in
          the src/as folder.

          > As for the bug -- I just checked the code and tested the uploader,
          and it appears to be
          > setting the correct value for bytesLoaded. Can you perhaps provide a
          link to an example
          > where this is happening?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Allen
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Downtime" <vic@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm trying to debug a problem where event["bytesLoaded"] in
          > > onUploadProgress is set to the same value as event["bytesTotal"] from
          > > the first time it is called, even on large files which take a while to
          > > upload. The magic seems to happen in uploader.swf, but when I
          > > downloaded the YUI source I couldn't find an uploader.fla to see
          > > what's going on there.
          > >
          > > The examples work fine, but I don't know what I've done differently to
          > > cause this behavior. Other than this it is working really well.
          > >
          > > Does anyone know if the source for uploader.swf will be made
          available?

          > > Thanks.

        • j_s_shirley
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
            <allenrabinovich@...> wrote:

            > The source is available and included in the distribution. It's not
            an FLA file; rather, it's an
            > AS file that you can compile using the freely available Flex SDK
            (you can also use Flash IDE;
            > just set that AS file to be your Document Class). You'll find it in
            the src/as folder.

            > As for the bug -- I just checked the code and tested the uploader,
            and it appears to be
            > setting the correct value for bytesLoaded. Can you perhaps provide a
            link to an example
            > where this is happening?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Allen

            Hi Allen,

            I'm trying to debug another issue (you can see my post on it, also
            experiencing oddities in OSX on FF3b4) and searching for the source
            for uploader.swf

            It doesn't seem to be in the yui 2.5.1 build.

            Could you point me to a specific location, or perhaps a hosted version
            of the source I can use?

            Thanks,
            -Jay