Re: [ydn-javascript] Simple xhr connection for autocomplete

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
      Aric,

      Very sorry to hear we lost your business on this, but if you found something better suited to your needs, then that's all to the good.

      When I looked at your XML feed (as served by PHP), it was serving with the following header:

      Content-Type text/html; charset=utf-8

      That header is going to prevent you from getting the results you're hoping for with an XML-based data source in the YUI world.

      In any case, best of luck with your project, and we hope to see you back here for a second chance with YUI down the road.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:08 PM, Aric Shelby wrote:

      Thanks, I've abandoned YUI.  Mootools is just much simpler for what I need.

      YUI is overkill for my app right now, and I still may use a couple of things from YUI.

      Thank you for checking on this.  I had tried it both ways, with no luck.  If I looked at just the XML file, after saving the output from the php.  It worked fine, with or without the header.

      It's probably me, but I need something that just works, and YUI didn't do it for me.

      Thanks again