回覆: Re: [ydn-javascript] DOCTYPE - why do es YUI CSS use HTML instead of XHTML ???

  • r9madridhk@yahoo.com.hk
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
      Nate Koechley <natek@...> 說:
      Hi Jonathan,

      A doctype tells the browser which language and dialect it will
      encounter on the page. HTML and XHTML are examples of languages; loose
      and strict are examples of dialects. At Yahoo! we tend to use and
      recommend HTML 4.01 Strict, which looks like this:

      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3. org/TR/html4/ strict.dtd
      ">

      .

      Hi Nate,

      Great info, thanks.

      By the way, even so, are there any codings standard within Yahoo! for any practical reason still using legacy way to write some HTML, such as, in yahoo.com, I found:

      <script language=javascript>

      R9

      Yahoo! 網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 了解更多