autocomplete - russian charset and UTF conversions

  • Alexx Alexx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      In my application I need to pass queries to
      autocomplete .php file as Russian phrase, and in PHP
      which process request to database and return values
      for Autocomplete I've got UTF-8 encoded string. Is it
      possible to Set Headers or something else, so that
      Browser didnt encode Russian GET string as UTF,
      because I dont now how to decode this back in php,
      even though I dont have iconv conversion functions on
      my apache+PHP server. And this solution should be
      cross-browser %(
      Could you please suggest me anything in such
      situation. I cant recompile php with iconv.

      Thanks in advance!

      http://mail.yahoo.com