Prolem with errors not showing up

  • mathew.rowley
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
      I am having issues with JS errors not showing up (specifically in
      firebug)... For example,

      This:

      YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.util.Dom.get(ListMgmt.dialog.addButton),
      "float", "right");

      Does not show any errors, but if change it to

      YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.util.Dom.get(ListMgmt.dialog.addButton),
      "float", "right");
      alert("Test");

      The alert will not show, and no errors will show - I know there is an
      error somewhere because the code stops...

      Is there a reason why errors are not showing? Thanks.
    • Jing Ceawlin
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
        Hi Mathew,
        I don't see anything apparently wrong. You can try alert before the setStyle statement to make sure it does arrive there. What I'm saying is that maybe the error is not in what you are showing us.

        Hope this helps.

        Jing

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008
          Sometimes your code is within a try - catch block so the usual error
          handling is disabled. For example, the Event.fire method calls the function
          within a try - catch block that simply saves the error for later. Thus, if
          your code is within an event listener, errors will not pop up.

          If you are running Firefox with Firebug, then you can activate "Break on All
          Errors" and the error will be caught before it gets to the enclosing
          try -catch block. In the Script tab, it is the only option in the Options
          dropdown.

          >I am having issues with JS errors not showing up (specifically in
          > firebug)... For example,
          >
          > This:
          >
          > YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.util.Dom.get(ListMgmt.dialog.addButton),
          > "float", "right");
          >
          > Does not show any errors, but if change it to
          >
          > YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle(YAHOO.util.Dom.get(ListMgmt.dialog.addButton),
          > "float", "right");
          > alert("Test");
          >
          > The alert will not show, and no errors will show - I know there is an
          > error somewhere because the code stops...
          >
          > Is there a reason why errors are not showing? Thanks.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --
          > 04/03/2008 21:46

        • mathew.rowley
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008
            Yes, I did try that, and I get the first alert, not the second...

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jing Ceawlin" <zjply4000@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2008
              THANK YOU!