Bug using MenuBars in Firefox

  • j0llytoad
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hello, I've discovered a bug whilst trying to create a MenuBar
      in Firefox. I'm trying to create a MenuBar with two rows, but
      when a sub-menu is opened in the top bar, the second bar
      shows through the sub menu, this happens in Firefox (1.5.0.4)
      on Windows XP, but is fine in IE (6).

      I have a page to demonstrate this, but there appears to be no way
      to attach it in this forum.

      I'm sorry if this is not the right place to report bugs, but the
      Yahoo UI site was not very forthcoming with bug reporting procedures.

      Cheers
      - Mark Gibson
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
        Mark -

        Sounds like a z-index issue. I'm guessing you haven't
        set the z-index for your menus. If you don't set a
        z-index, the z-index of positioned elements is
        determined by their order in the markup. When
        rendered, the menus in your second (bottom) bar are
        physically after those in the first (top) bar. The
        menus in the bottom bar therefore have a higher
        z-index that those in the top, causing the menus in
        the top bar to appear behind those in the bottom bar.
        Make sense?

        You'll need to manually set the z-index of the menus
        in the top bar to have a higher z-index than those in
        the bottom bar. You can set z-index via CSS or
        through the Menu's "zIndex" configuration property.
        To set z-index via the configuration property, follow
        this example:

        var oMenu = new YAHOO.widget.Menu("mymenu", { zIndex:
        10 });

        Hope that helps.

        - Todd

        --- j0llytoad <jollytoad@...> wrote:

        > Hello, I've discovered a bug whilst trying to create
        > a MenuBar
        > in Firefox. I'm trying to create a MenuBar with two
        > rows, but
        > when a sub-menu is opened in the top bar, the second
        > bar
        > shows through the sub menu, this happens in Firefox
        > (1.5.0.4)
        > on Windows XP, but is fine in IE (6).
        >
        > I have a page to demonstrate this, but there appears
        > to be no way
        > to attach it in this forum.
        >
        > I'm sorry if this is not the right place to report
        > bugs, but the
        > Yahoo UI site was not very forthcoming with bug
        > reporting procedures.
        >
        > Cheers
        > - Mark Gibson

        > --------------------~-->
        > Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email
        > design.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/edFolB/TM

      • Nate Koechley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006