extracting objects with DataTable

  • markl9x9
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
      hi everyone,

      is there a way to extract the selected row of a DataTable in the form
      of an object?

      or do I have to keep a record of the order of objects added to the
      DataTable and then use the integer(s) returned by getSelectedRows() to
      lookup the objects?

      congratulations to the development team behind YUI, I'm amazed by its
      power and potential.

      thanks
      mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
        The values returned in the array returned by getSelectedRows can be used
        with getRecord to retrieve the data from the DataTable itself, you don't
        need to keep a copy. getRecord will return a Record object which might have
        more information than you might care about. You can use Record's getData
        method with no arguments to retrieve a more simple object.