Re: [ydn-javascript] Need help with dragdrop on safari

  • Adam Moore
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2006
      On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:06:39AM -0000, Dave Viner wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm working on a simple drag n drop page using the list.html example
      > as my basis. I've gotten the code to work properly on Firefox and IE.
      > However, on Safari, I get this error in the Safari javascript console:
      >
      > Null Value
      > dragdrop.js Line: 1798
      >
      > This line number corresponds to this js code from the isOverTarget method:
      > oDDTarget.cursorIsOver = loc.contains( pt );
      >
      > The code executed is identical between Firefox, IE, and Safari.
      >
      > Does this error look familiar to anyone?
      >
      > Another odd thing in Safari: I put a div with id="logDiv" on the page,
      > and _nothing_ is printed out when dragging and dropping. I can mail
      > anyone the webarchive from Safari if you're think that will help.

      Dave, please post or link the code.

      -Adam
    • Dave Viner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2006
        Here's the code... it works on firefox and IE but fails on Safari
        with the message i mentioned below.

        http://dviner.amusive.com/safari/rearrange_photos.html

        please excuse the ugliness :)

        dave

        On Jun 28, 2006, at 6:26 PM, Adam Moore wrote:

        > On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:06:39AM -0000, Dave Viner wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I'm working on a simple drag n drop page using the list.html example
        > > as my basis. I've gotten the code to work properly on Firefox and
        > IE.
        > > However, on Safari, I get this error in the Safari javascript
        > console:
        > >
        > > Null Value
        > > dragdrop.js Line: 1798
        > >
        > > This line number corresponds to this js code from the
        > isOverTarget method:
        > > oDDTarget.cursorIsOver = loc.contains( pt );
        > >
        > > The code executed is identical between Firefox, IE, and Safari.
        > >
        > > Does this error look familiar to anyone?
        > >
        > > Another odd thing in Safari: I put a div with id="logDiv" on the
        > page,
        > > and _nothing_ is printed out when dragging and dropping. I can mail
        > > anyone the webarchive from Safari if you're think that will help.
        >
        > Dave, please post or link the code.
        >
        > -Adam

      • Adam Moore
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2006
          Dave, getting the position of elements is not reliable if the element does
          not have a position attribute defined. Adding the following appears to fix
          the page in Safari:

          -Adam

          On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 08:50:34PM -0700, Dave Viner wrote:
          > Here's the code... it works on firefox and IE but fails on Safari
          > with the message i mentioned below.
          >
          > http://dviner.amusive.com/safari/rearrange_photos.html
          >
          > please excuse the ugliness :)
          >
          > dave
          >

          > On Jun 28, 2006, at 6:26 PM, Adam Moore wrote:
          >
          > > On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:06:39AM -0000, Dave Viner wrote:
          > > > Hi,
          > > >
          > > > I'm working on a simple drag n drop page using the list.html example
          > > > as my basis. I've gotten the code to work properly on Firefox and
          > > IE.
          > > > However, on Safari, I get this error in the Safari javascript
          > > console:
          > > >
          > > > Null Value
          > > > dragdrop.js Line: 1798
          > > >
          > > > This line number corresponds to this js code from the
          > > isOverTarget method:
          > > > oDDTarget.cursorIsOver = loc.contains( pt );
          > > >
          > > > The code executed is identical between Firefox, IE, and Safari.
          > > >
          > > > Does this error look familiar to anyone?
          > > >
          > > > Another odd thing in Safari: I put a div with id="logDiv" on the
          > > page,
          > > > and _nothing_ is printed out when dragging and dropping. I can mail
          > > > anyone the webarchive from Safari if you're think that will help.
          > >
          > > Dave, please post or link the code.
          > >
          > > -Adam

        • Dave Viner
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2006