Re: [ydn-javascript] Enclosed pages ( Grids, Treeview, etc. )

  • Brian McCullough
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 01:56:00PM -0800, Eric Miraglia wrote:
      > Brian,
      >
      > I'd recommend using an iFrame for this implementation. The page
      > you're capturing doubtless has a lot of HTML structure to it, some of
      > which is being affected by Grids styling. There are other reasons,
      > too, why an iframe might be a more predictable and secure solution to
      > the problem. However, with respect to Grids, it may require a lot of
      > effort stripping out the <html>, <body> and other tags from the page
      > you're absorbing -- and that, in turn, could affect the way that
      > page's CSS functions.

      Thank you, Eric.

      I had basically come to that conclusion myself. I do need to be able to
      create "context menus" ( right-click menus ) within the captured page,
      but I suspect that I will be able to do this much more easily than using
      the "new window" procedure that was already being used.

      I also discovered the HTML "<object ></object >" tags, but I can't seem
      to get the "captured page" to render. I keep getting 404 errors, and it
      doesn't seem to respect the size of the enclosing <div >, as the W3
      documentation seems to suggest it should. ( at present, the 404 error is
      showing in a micro-window, well inside the boundaries of the 3/4 grid
      frame. I was using the captured page's contents, as returned by CURL,
      as the "data" component of the "<object>". No go.

      Brian