Need help with dragdrop on safari

  • Dave Viner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm working on a simple drag n drop page using the list.html example
      as my basis. I've gotten the code to work properly on Firefox and IE.
      However, on Safari, I get this error in the Safari javascript console:

      Null Value
      dragdrop.js Line: 1798

      This line number corresponds to this js code from the isOverTarget method:
      oDDTarget.cursorIsOver = loc.contains( pt );

      The code executed is identical between Firefox, IE, and Safari.

      Does this error look familiar to anyone?

      Another odd thing in Safari: I put a div with id="logDiv" on the page,
      and _nothing_ is printed out when dragging and dropping. I can mail
      anyone the webarchive from Safari if you're think that will help.

      thanks
      dave
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2006
        On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:06:39AM -0000, Dave Viner wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm working on a simple drag n drop page using the list.html example
        > as my basis. I've gotten the code to work properly on Firefox and IE.
        > However, on Safari, I get this error in the Safari javascript console:
        >
        > Null Value
        > dragdrop.js Line: 1798
        >
        > This line number corresponds to this js code from the isOverTarget method:
        > oDDTarget.cursorIsOver = loc.contains( pt );
        >
        > The code executed is identical between Firefox, IE, and Safari.
        >
        > Does this error look familiar to anyone?
        >
        > Another odd thing in Safari: I put a div with id="logDiv" on the page,
        > and _nothing_ is printed out when dragging and dropping. I can mail
        > anyone the webarchive from Safari if you're think that will help.

        Dave, please post or link the code.

        -Adam
      • Dave Viner
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2006
          Here's the code... it works on firefox and IE but fails on Safari
          with the message i mentioned below.

          http://dviner.amusive.com/safari/rearrange_photos.html

          please excuse the ugliness :)

          dave

          On Jun 28, 2006, at 6:26 PM, Adam Moore wrote:

          > On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:06:39AM -0000, Dave Viner wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I'm working on a simple drag n drop page using the list.html example
          > > as my basis. I've gotten the code to work properly on Firefox and
          > IE.
          > > However, on Safari, I get this error in the Safari javascript
          > console:
          > >
          > > Null Value
          > > dragdrop.js Line: 1798
          > >
          > > This line number corresponds to this js code from the
          > isOverTarget method:
          > > oDDTarget.cursorIsOver = loc.contains( pt );
          > >
          > > The code executed is identical between Firefox, IE, and Safari.
          > >
          > > Does this error look familiar to anyone?
          > >
          > > Another odd thing in Safari: I put a div with id="logDiv" on the
          > page,
          > > and _nothing_ is printed out when dragging and dropping. I can mail
          > > anyone the webarchive from Safari if you're think that will help.
          >
          > Dave, please post or link the code.
          >
          > -Adam

        • Adam Moore
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2006
            Dave, getting the position of elements is not reliable if the element does
            not have a position attribute defined. Adding the following appears to fix
            the page in Safari:

            -Adam

            On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 08:50:34PM -0700, Dave Viner wrote:
            > Here's the code... it works on firefox and IE but fails on Safari
            > with the message i mentioned below.
            >
            > http://dviner.amusive.com/safari/rearrange_photos.html
            >
            > please excuse the ugliness :)
            >
            > dave
            >

            > On Jun 28, 2006, at 6:26 PM, Adam Moore wrote:
            >
            > > On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 12:06:39AM -0000, Dave Viner wrote:
            > > > Hi,
            > > >
            > > > I'm working on a simple drag n drop page using the list.html example
            > > > as my basis. I've gotten the code to work properly on Firefox and
            > > IE.
            > > > However, on Safari, I get this error in the Safari javascript
            > > console:
            > > >
            > > > Null Value
            > > > dragdrop.js Line: 1798
            > > >
            > > > This line number corresponds to this js code from the
            > > isOverTarget method:
            > > > oDDTarget.cursorIsOver = loc.contains( pt );
            > > >
            > > > The code executed is identical between Firefox, IE, and Safari.
            > > >
            > > > Does this error look familiar to anyone?
            > > >
            > > > Another odd thing in Safari: I put a div with id="logDiv" on the
            > > page,
            > > > and _nothing_ is printed out when dragging and dropping. I can mail
            > > > anyone the webarchive from Safari if you're think that will help.
            > >
            > > Dave, please post or link the code.
            > >
            > > -Adam

          • Dave Viner
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2006