Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: On select event for YAHOO.widget.button type menu?

  • Jing Ceawlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hi mathew,
      You have to use selectTableMenu.subscribe("click", function(o){alert(o);}) here. I know this is kinda strange, and I didn't know why either. After looking at the source code, I found that Menu's subscribe function is defined right in the Menu class, not the one YAHOO.util.EventProvider has. This is not a bug, but obviously inconsistent.
      Hope this helps :)

      Regards,
      Jing

      On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:01 PM, mathew.rowley <mathew.rowley@...> wrote:

      I am really confused... the API doc for YAHOO.widget.Menu says that
      there is an event:

      clickEvent
      clickEvent ( )
      Fires when the user clicks the on the menu. Passes back the DOM Event
      object as an argument.

      But, if I do the following:
      var selectTable = new YAHOO.widget.Button("selectTable", {
      type: "menu",
      label: "<div>" + ListMgmt.tableId + "</div>",
      menu: "selectTableSelect"
      });
      var selectTableMenu = selectTable.getMenu();
      selectTableMenu.subscribe("clickEvent", function(o){alert(o);});

      When I click the menu, there is no alert...

      Am I doing something wrong?

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mathew.rowley"