ContextMenu and row selection in DataTable

  • little_bobes
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hello,

      I have a ContextMenu and a DataTable with a row selection.
      When I click right button on the DataTable, I need to select row in
      that DataTable before the ContextMenu is fired.

      Where and what should I do?

      Thanks a lot, Bob (YUI v2.5.0)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        See:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#rowselect

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_rowselect.html

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_contextmenu.html

        > I have a ContextMenu and a DataTable with a row selection.
        > When I click right button on the DataTable, I need to select row in
        > that DataTable before the ContextMenu is fired.
        >
        > Where and what should I do?
        >
        > Thanks a lot, Bob (YUI v2.5.0)
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        > 02/03/2008 15:59

      • little_bobes
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          Thanks, but I know how to select a row and how to implement the
          ContextMenu, what I need is: how to select row in the DataTable before
          the ContextMenu is fired.
          Fortunately, I found the solution:

          my.onContextMenuBeforeShowEvent = function() {
          var elRow = this.contextEventTarget;
          elRow = my.DataTable.getTrEl(elRow);
          my.DataTable.unselectAllRows();
          my.DataTable.selectRow(elRow);
          };

          my.ContextMenu.beforeShowEvent.subscribe(my.onContextMenuBeforeShowEvent);

          Bob