[ydn-javascript] datatable and footer

  • Martin Tschofen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 6:12 PM
      I'm using the datatable to display an xml file. The xml file contains <entry> for each row to display in addition it contains a <footer> element.

      It doesn't show up in the datatable, of course, as it displays all <entry> elements.

      How would I go about extracting the <footer> from the datasource?

      What event of the datatable is the right one to attach the <footer> to the datatable?

      Thanks in advance...martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 12:06 AM
        You would have to override method doBeforeParseData:

        You get the full XML in the second argument.  The default method simply returns this second argument.  You should also do that, but in the meantime you can extract the information that would otherwise be discarded.

        By the time this method is called, the DataTable will be already drawn so you can pass that extra information to the table right away.  YUI completely ignores the footer, it is not even created.  You will have to use the DOM to create a tfoot element and fill it up.

        Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 3:12 AM
        Subject: [ydn-javascript] datatable and footer

        I'm using the datatable to display an xml file. The xml file contains <entry> for each row to display in addition it contains a <footer> element.

        It doesn't show up in the datatable, of course, as it displays all <entry> elements.

        How would I go about extracting the <footer> from the datasource?

        What event of the datatable is the right one to attach the <footer> to the datatable?

        Thanks in advance...martin

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.