On select event for YAHOO.widget.button type menu?

  • mathew.rowley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 4:46 PM
      How do you handle when a user selects a menu item of a
      YAHOO.widget.button with a type of 'menu'?

      For exmaple, I want to reload a datatable when a user selects a menu
      item of the YAHOO.widget.button - the selected menu item defines the
      id of the datatable to load.

      Thanks in advance.
    • mathew.rowley
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 10:01 PM
        I am really confused... the API doc for YAHOO.widget.Menu says that
        there is an event:

        clickEvent
        clickEvent ( )
        Fires when the user clicks the on the menu. Passes back the DOM Event
        object as an argument.

        But, if I do the following:
        var selectTable = new YAHOO.widget.Button("selectTable", {
        type: "menu",
        label: "<div>" + ListMgmt.tableId + "</div>",
        menu: "selectTableSelect"
        });
        var selectTableMenu = selectTable.getMenu();
        selectTableMenu.subscribe("clickEvent", function(o){alert(o);});

        When I click the menu, there is no alert...

        Am I doing something wrong?

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mathew.rowley"
        <mathew.rowley@...> wrote:

        > How do you handle when a user selects a menu item of a
        > YAHOO.widget.button with a type of 'menu'?
        >
        > For exmaple, I want to reload a datatable when a user selects a menu
        > item of the YAHOO.widget.button - the selected menu item defines the
        > id of the datatable to load.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

      • Jing Ceawlin
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 4:03 AM
          Hi mathew,
          You have to use selectTableMenu.subscribe("click", function(o){alert(o);}) here. I know this is kinda strange, and I didn't know why either. After looking at the source code, I found that Menu's subscribe function is defined right in the Menu class, not the one YAHOO.util.EventProvider has. This is not a bug, but obviously inconsistent.
          Hope this helps :)

          Regards,
          Jing