Re: Datatable alignment problem in mozilla browser

  • warmsmile4
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2008
      Do you have some example code to show the work-around?
      Thanks

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2008
        No, sorry, I'm not switching to 2.5. Just make sure the container of the
        DataTable is visible when you draw it or call the function _syncColWidths if
        it wasn't at the time.

        > Do you have some example code to show the work-around?
        > Thanks
        >

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyam" <satyam@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> That is a known problem, but it happens with 2.5 and the original
        > question
        >> was about 2.4.1 and I don't know there was any such problem in that
        > version.
        >>
        >> With 2.5 the problem is that headers are actually in a separate
        > table which
        >> has to be kept in synch via code. To do that, the code has to read the
        >> widths and positions of the columns and set them to match. The
        > problem is
        >> that browsers do funny things about widths when elements are
        > invisible. So,
        >> the calculation fails.
        >>
        >> Two possible fixes. One is to wait until the table will be
        > displayed. You
        >> might want to earn some time by building it ahead of time, but since it
        >> doesn't work, what's the point.
        >>
        >> The other is to call method _syncColWidths when the table is displayed.
        >> This is a private function (signalled by the leading underscore, not
        > that
        >> JavaScript has private functions) so using it is unsupported. That
        > is the
        >> function that does the column alignment.
        >>
        >> Satyam

      • skorjjang
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
          rendering the table on click of the Tab still doesn't work in IE.
          In IE, the content area only says "..Loading data.." and nothing happens.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
            I really didn't try 2.5 that much, this column resizing is a little too
            brittle for my taste. I believe that while Firefox simply miss-reports
            width and height of hidden elements, IE produces an error when you try to
            access them so the rest of the DataTable code doesn't get executed and the
            half-built datatable gets left however it was at the point. Wait to build
            the DataTable until the container is visible and see if that fixes it. And
            let us know.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
              Actually, it is a known bug:

              http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1901284&group_id=165715&atid=836476