Re: Pagenated Form Dialog. How ??

  • chaluwa
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
      > I think a combination of Dialog and TabView can serve your need.

      If the forms are spread across tabs, (I hope will disabled and only
      navigable with a set of previous and next buttons), is there a way to
      access them from another tab, like accessing variables across frames
      in a frameset.

      I may have to extend YAHOO.widget.TabView then.

      Regards.
    • Jing Ceawlin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
        Surely you can disable any tab. But one thing to notice, you can only move to an enabled tab. So before using tabView.set('activeTab'....) or tabView.set('activeTabIndex'...) to change the active tab, you have to enable it using tab.set('disabled', false).
        About multiple forms, of course you can access any form element freely. I guess I don't quite understand your concern.

        Hope this helps :)

        Jing

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
          > guess I don't quite understand your concern.

          Thanks, just wanted to sample opinions on the concerns I had about it
          (not that they were particularly difficult). I've actually started on
          a draft that used tabs, haven't added forms yet, just making sure the
          tabbed navigation (step 1 of 2, step 2 of 2, etc) are working well,
          will let you know when I'm done if you're interested.

          Thanks again.
        • Jing Ceawlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
            No problem. And I'm very interested in how you do it ;)

            Best Regards,
            Jing