Re: [ydn-javascript] Website topnav with submenus question...

  • Jing Ceawlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      Hi Sam,
      I tested it, it worked in my case. Can you provide us the link or the full source code so we can see what's going on?

      Regards,
      Jing

      On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Sam's Lists <samslists@...> wrote:

      Hi...

      I'm making a menu using this an example:  http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfromjs.html

      Here's the relevant code from your example:

      16            {
      17                text: "PIM",
      18                submenu: {
      19                            id: "pim",
      20                            itemdata: [
      21                                { text: "Yahoo! Mail", url: "http://mail.yahoo.com" },

      What I'd like to be able to do is add a line 17.5 that says url: "http://....pim".  In other words I'd like to be able to click on a sub-menu header, and have it do something.   But this doesn't work.  I sort of think it should.  :)

      Oh....speaking of this example:   It's not really clear that the second set of javascript code (at the bottom of the page) has to be embedded at line 19 of the first set of javascript.  I think most beginners will do what I did at first...just append it after the onContentReady, not inside.

      Thanks for the great code, and the great examples!  Especially the examples.  Last week I started with ext, and after three days still couldn't make heads or tales of it.  I promptly switched over to yui, and because of the examples I had code doing what I wanted in a single day!

    • Sam's Lists