Re: Logger: how to log objects ?

  • jennykhan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 29, 2008
      Hi again,

      You can look for this to be fixed in the next release of Logger. In
      the meantime, here's the patch to
      YAHOO.widget.Logger._printToBrowserConsole:

      Instead of

      var output =
      localTime + " (" +
      elapsedTime + "ms): " +
      oEntry.source + ": " +
      oEntry.msg;

      console.log(output);

      use

      var output =
      localTime + " (" +
      elapsedTime + "ms): " +
      oEntry.source + ": ";

      console.log(output, oEntry.msg);

      Regards,
      Jenny

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jennykhan" <jennyhan@...> wrote:

      > Hi Corentin,
      >
      > At this time, Logger always stringifies the messages sent to
      > console.log(). Until this issue is resolved, you'll have to call
      > console.log(myObject) directly in order to introspect objects via
      Firebug.

      > Thanks,
      > jenny
      >

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Corentin Merot" <cmerot@>
      > wrote:

      > mozilla dom

      > > > Co, try YAHOO.lang.dump:
      > > >
      > > > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.lang.html#dump
      > > >

      > > > -Adam
      > > >

      > > Thanks for your answer Adam.
      > >
      > > It appears that it's what does the logger when logging objects, but
      > > ouput is not as readable as firebug output.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Co

    • Corentin Merot
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2008
        hi Jenny,

        I've just apply the patch. That's what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

        --
        Co

        --
        Corentin Merot