Re: [YUI Grids] Why were ids chosen instead of classes?

  • schulzjf
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 27, 2006
      Matt,

      > You do not need to do this. If you must work with existing IDs, just
      > change the IDs in grids.css.

      I agree that is a better solution than the container div example I gave.

      It's not that I *can't* figure out a way around it, but why *should*
      I have to go around it?

      Are there *benefits* to using IDs?

      Not "is it the 'right' way?" or "can you still do what you want?"
      but "does any good come to the user from using the ID+classes method?"
      Any good which wouldn't also be met by also using the classes only
      approach?

      It's becoming obvious that 1) I cannot communicate my point and/or
      2) My priorities are different than the rest of the list members.

      Either way, I'm done pursuing this. The frustration I incur in the
      pursuit of this point is much greater than that from doing a
      search+replace in grids.css. Gotta pick your battles, right?

      Y!, thanks for the library. I love what you're trying to accomplish
      with the various parts of the Developer Library.

      John