ImageLoader; Below the fold question

  • logicflux3k
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2008
      Hi. I was wondering, are the positions of the images, relative to
      viewable area, examined everytime the user scrolls after the initial
      load?
      In other words, every time a scroll event gets triggered (if you use
      scroll as the trigger), do all the images that were previously below
      the fold get examined to determined whether they are now viewable and
      should be loaded?
    • Matt Mlinac
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 29, 2008

        Hey

        The viewable area is not recalculated every time the user scrolls. The fold is calculated on page load, and from then on whatever trigger you set for the group will fetch the images for that group.

        A scroll event fires often, plus you’re trying to load the images before the user scrolls all the way down to them as opposed to after they’re in the viewing area.

        -matt