Allow OOM days to be selectable

  • Robert Graff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2006
      I want out-of-month days to be clickable. So if you're look at June
      2006, July 1's style is oom, but clicking it should trigger the normal
      onSelect function.

      I tired this....

      YAHOO.gse.calendar[mycalendar].onSelect = new
      Function("setDateFields('"+mycalendar+"');");

      YAHOO.gse.calendar[mycalendar].renderCellNotThisMonth = function
      (workingDate, cell) {
      YAHOO.widget.Calendar_Core.addCssClass(cell,
      this.Style.CSS_CELL_OOM);
      cell.innerHTML = "";
      var link = document.createElement("a");
      link.href = "javascript: void(null);";
      link.name = this.id + "__" +
      workingDate.getFullYear()+"_"+(workingDate.getMonth()+1)+"_"+workingDate.getDate();

      link.appendChild(document.createTextNode(this.buildDayLabel(workingDate)));
      cell.appendChild(link);
      return YAHOO.widget.Calendar_Core.STOP_RENDER;
      }

      This adds the appropriate links, but the setDateFields function is
      never called.

      Also the a selected date should be rendered as selected even if it's oom.

      Can anyone point me in the right direction with these issues?

      (Stephen Peterson: Thanks for suggestion of putting the Calendar in an
      Overlay. For some reason, I thought it was. That fixed by iframe shim
      issue.)

      Thanks in advance,

      Robert