Tag Widget based on YUI framework

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2006
      I wanted to share with this community a widget I created [1] based upon
      the YUI framework. It is a framework I am using in my own hosted
      application (Test Run [2]). Hats off to Yahoo for licensing their
      framework under the BSD license - that took some real guts IMHO.

      Anyway, my widget was based upon the same UI widget you find in Flickr
      [3] and Vox [4] for adding and removing tags associated with an item (an
      image, a blog post, etc).

      The widget surfaces a number of custom events you can hook into (mainly
      onAddTag and onRemoveTag). I hook into those events to make AJAX calls
      to my backend to add/remove tags in real time.

      I would love to hear people's feedback if anyone has time.

      Byrne Reese
      http://www.majordojo.com/

      PS. Is there a directory for YUI widgets that I could add mine to?

      [1] - http://www.majordojo.com/personal_projects/tag_widget.php
      [2] - http://testrun.majordojo.com/
      [3] - http://www.flickr.com/
      [4] - http://www.vox.com/