Need a solution -- YUI Datatable

  • kolla_hv
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12 2:12 AM

      I have a requirement to show the data in to YUI datatable, where in
      the text data in the datatable column need to be hidden according to
      with set for that particular column.

      Please see the image below:
      | column1 | Column2 |
      |Airline Ticket Res..|07-01-2007|
      Regards
      Harsha
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12 5:13 AM
        Assign a formatter function in the column definition for column 1 where you
        trim the extra characters:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#format

        > I have a requirement to show the data in to YUI datatable, where in
        > the text data in the datatable column need to be hidden according to
        > with set for that particular column.
        >
        > Please see the image below:
        > | column1 | Column2 |
        > |Airline Ticket Res..|07-01-2007|
        > Regards
        > Harsha
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        > 11/02/2008 17:28

      • thebatlab7
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
          Is it possible to set a custom formatter on just the column th
          elements rather than all the cells in the column?

          I want my column headers to show just people's first names but on the
          backend I need access to the first and last names to ensure I update
          the correct record.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2008
              Thanks, Satyam. I just set the label value to the first name and the
              key to the full name and that solved all my problems. Totally missed
              the ability to set a label. D'oh!