  • owen_b_leonard
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 7, 2008
      I've been looking at the example for creating a "Loading" panel, and
      I'm wondering if it's possible to do this for the page itself, not for
      an event triggered on that page. I've got a very large, slow-loading
      form that I'd like to overlay with a Loading message.

      What events should I be looking for for the start and end of the page

      Owen
    • Caridy Patiño Mayea
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7, 2008
        Hello Owen,

        Take a look to this package based on YUI (YUI Loading Mask):
        http://www.bubbling-library.com/eng/api/docs/widgets/loading-mask/examples

        Best Regards,
        Caridy (caridy at gmail.com)
        http://www.bubbling-library.com/

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "owen_b_leonard" <oleonard@...>
        wrote:

        > I've been looking at the example for creating a "Loading" panel, and
        > I'm wondering if it's possible to do this for the page itself, not for
        > an event triggered on that page. I've got a very large, slow-loading
        > form that I'd like to overlay with a Loading message.
        >
        > What events should I be looking for for the start and end of the page
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Owen

      • owen_b_leonard
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008
          > Take a look to this package based on YUI (YUI Loading Mask):

          http://www.bubbling-library.com/eng/api/docs/widgets/loading-mask/examples

          Thank you for that suggestion. I finally had a chance to take a look,
          and it was a snap to get working. A couple of questions, though:

          1. Is it possible to set the opacity without using the animated
          transition?

          2. It doesn't look like it uses any method for overlaying select boxes
          in Internet Explorer 6?

          Thanks,

          Owen
        • Caridy Patiño Mayea
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2008
            Hello Owen,

            > > Take a look to this package based on YUI (YUI Loading Mask):
            http://www.bubbling-library.com/eng/api/docs/widgets/loading-mask/examples

            > Thank you for that suggestion. I finally had a chance to take a
            look, and it was a snap to get working. A couple of questions, though:

            > 1. Is it possible to set the opacity without using the animated
            > transition?

            1. Yes, you can use the opacity without activate the animation:
            http://www.bubbling-library.com/sandbox/loading/opacity.html
            Using this JS chunk:
            YAHOO.widget.Loading.config({
            opacity: 0.7
            });

            > 2. It doesn't look like it uses any method for overlaying select
            boxes in Internet Explorer 6?

            2. You're right, actually it don't support overlaying select boxes in
            Internet Explorer, so sorry for that. If someone has already
            implemented it or has reviewed the YUI overlay code, and want to share
            it, will be great. I hope to include it in the next release one way or
            another...

            Best Regards,
            Caridy Patino (caridy at gmail.com)
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 29, 2008
              > 1. Yes, you can use the opacity without activate the animation:
              > http://www.bubbling-library.com/sandbox/loading/opacity.html
              > Using this JS chunk:
              > YAHOO.widget.Loading.config({
              > opacity: 0.7
              > });

              I must be doing something wrong, because I'm still getting full opacity:

              http://zivotdesign.com/examples/loading.html

              > 2. You're right, actually it don't support overlaying select boxes in
              > Internet Explorer, so sorry for that. If someone has already
              > implemented it or has reviewed the YUI overlay code, and want to share
              > it, will be great. I hope to include it in the next release one way or
              > another...

              I think it would be a great improvement. The YUI library takes such
              care to include fixes for IE's z-index problems it would be good if
              your extensions did too. I look forward to such an update!

              Thanks again,

              Owen
            • Caridy Patiño Mayea
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 29, 2008
                Hello Owen,

                You're right, again... :-)

                The configuration attributes didn't work in the first appear of the
                mask, only after the second time. I already updated the loading widget
                to work from the beginning, using the "config" method, or just the
                pre-configuration object.

                Just download the new script (1.5.0):
                http://www.bubbling-library.com/eng/api/docs/widgets/loading-mask/source

                wrote:

                > > 1. Yes, you can use the opacity without activate the animation:
                > > http://www.bubbling-library.com/sandbox/loading/opacity.html
                > > Using this JS chunk:
                > > YAHOO.widget.Loading.config({
                > > opacity: 0.7
                > > });
                >
                > I must be doing something wrong, because I'm still getting full opacity:
                >
                > http://zivotdesign.com/examples/loading.html
                >
                > > 2. You're right, actually it don't support overlaying select boxes in
                > > Internet Explorer, so sorry for that. If someone has already
                > > implemented it or has reviewed the YUI overlay code, and want to share
                > > it, will be great. I hope to include it in the next release one way or
                > > another...
                >
                > I think it would be a great improvement. The YUI library takes such
                > care to include fixes for IE's z-index problems it would be good if
                > your extensions did too. I look forward to such an update!
                >
                > Thanks again,
                >
                > Owen

              • owen_b_leonard
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
                  > Just download the new script (1.5.0):
                  > http://www.bubbling-library.com/eng/api/docs/widgets/loading-mask/source

                  Many many thanks for your help! It works perfectly now.

                  -- Owen