Split Button overflow issue

  • fazeelkazi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 3:09 AM
      1. I am using a YUI button with type: Split to construct a Menu
      Button. The menu Items have slightly long names.

      2. Some of the menu buttons reside at the edge of the pages. So when
      the menu is opened, due to the long names, a scrollbar appears at the
      bottom of the page.I have not given any value for the CSS property
      "overflow".

      3. If I give the overflow property as hidden, it truncates the text;
      for overflow:auto, it provides a scrollbar in the Menu itself instead
      of the page.

      4. I could have used the "context" property for aligning to top-left
      or bottom-right edges, etc. But, the menu button could reside just
      about anywhere on the page. The context property provides a static
      solution.

      5. What I want is: The Menu Names are only slightly long. I want the
      menu to render slightly inside the page, so that the menu item text is
      visible without any truncation or scrollbars. i.e the menu should
      itself know whether it will run off the page and if it will it should
      adjust itself accordingly.
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8 10:33 AM
        "fazeelkazi" -

        What version of YUI are you using? A Split Button's Menu should
        automatically keep itself inside the boundaries of the browser's
        viewport either by repositioning the itself above its corresponding
        Button or by scrolling the contents of the Menu. If you are using the
        latest version of YUI (2.4.1) and are not seeing this behavior then
        please reply with a URL to a simple example that reproduces the error
        that you are experiencing so that I can take a look at the problem.

        - Todd