RE: [ydn-javascript] Re: Simple Dialog races down the page to infinity.

  • Satyen Desai
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
      Hey Allan,

      Sorry about the delayed response. Just got a chance to look at your test URL (http://www-personal.umich.edu/~allan/tabdialog/tabdialogtest.html).

      The problem (on the test URL at least) is that you don't have container.css included (which means the SimpleDialog will be not be absolutely positioned, pushing TabView down).

      Adding container.css fixes the issue on the test URL.

      Also, a general note: you don't need some of the individual files, if you have utilities.js included.

      Here's my cleaned up list of includes for your test page, which works fine. I see the SimpleDialog centered in the viewport, overlapping the TabView control.

      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="yahoo/tabview/assets/skins/sam/tabview.css" />

      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="yahoo/button/assets/skins/sam/button.css" />

      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="yahoo/container/assets/skins/sam/container.css" />

      <script type="text/javascript" src="yahoo/utilities/utilities.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="yahoo/element/element-beta-min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="yahoo/tabview/tabview.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="yahoo/button/button.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="yahoo/container/container.js"></script>

      If you still have problems with your original application, if you can extend the test URL to show us what's going on we can look into it some more.

      (I believe you mentioned an iframe in your original post?).

      Regards,
      Satyen