Re: [ydn-javascript] css grids question

  • Nate Koechley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2008
      Hi mr_wahey,

      This is a feature, but it's easy to disable if you choose.

      YUI Grids sets the overall page width using "em" units which are relative based on the base font size. When using increase their text size, the size of an em grows and the Grids page width grows accordingly.

      Many enjoy this feature because it preserves the page proportions even as the user opts for a large font. But if you don't want this behavior, simple overwrite the page width declaration using a fixed unit like pixels.

      I believe that simple declaration should do the trick.

      #doc2 {width:950px;}

      Thanks,
      Nate

      On Jan 16, 2008, at 7:00 AM, mr_wahey wrote:

      I'm not quite clear on how grids and their sizes work. I've made a
      template with a width of 950px, but when I increase the Text Size in
      my browser the whole template grows in size and breaks my design
      (because it's designed to only grow in size lengthwise). Is this a
      feature? Is there any way to work around this?