Re: [ydn-javascript] having trouble with multiple clicks

  • BEVERLY MILES
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006
      i do not know why u are sending me this email i have not contacted u
      beverlymiles3851@...
      Matt Sweeney <msweeney@...> wrote:
      Hello th3w3bguy,

      Thanks for the feedback.

      You can check whether the animation is currently running via the
      isAnimated() method.

      When right is called to animate, you can check whether left is currently
      animated before calling right.animate().  Same for left.

      Something like:

         var r_animate = function(e) {
            if ( !left.isAnimated() ) {
               right.animate();
            }

            return false;
         }

      Matt

    • gerry@xltopia.co.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006

        Beverly,

        You are subscribed to the ydn-javascript Yahoo Group which is why you got the message.  Unsubscribe if you don’t wish to continue membership.

        Regards,

        Gerry

        th3w3bguy wrote:

        >nice library!
        >
        >anyway, i've modified one of the animation/motion examples and i'm
        >having some trouble. my code is at the end of the message. i have a
        >feeling that i'm missing something anyway, but here goes.
        >
        >i'm using 2 input buttons to control animating this div called
        >'slider'. one button slides it 100 px to the right, the other 100 px
        >to the left. it works beautifully, unless the user clicks one of the
        >buttons WHILE the div is still in motion -- in that case it starts
        >from the point it is at and animates again.
        >
        >what i want is to disable the user interface while an animation is
        >happening.
        >
        >i tried removing the listeners (position is marked in the code as /* r
        >*/) for the buttons, and then adding them again (/* a */) but no dice.
        >does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
        >

        >YAHOO.namespace('slider.box');
        >
        >YAHOO.slider.box.init = function() {
        >
        >   var r_attributes = {
        >      points: { by: [100, 0] }
        >   }
        >   var l_attributes = {
        >      points: { by: [-100, 0] }
        >   }
        >
        >   var right = new YAHOO.util.Motion('motion', r_attributes,
        .4,
        >YAHOO.util.Easing.easeOut);
        >   var left  = new YAHOO.util.Motion('motion',
        l_attributes, .4,
        >YAHOO.util.Easing.easeOut);
        >
        >   var r_animate = function(e) {
        >      /* r */
        >      right.animate();
        >      /* a */
        >      return false;
        >   }
        >
        >   var l_animate = function(e) {
        >      /* r */
        >      left.animate();
        >      /* a */
        >      return false;
        >   }
        >
        >   YAHOO.util.Event.addListener('right_button', 'click',
        r_animate);
        >   YAHOO.util.Event.addListener('left_button', 'click',
        l_animate);

        >}
        >
        >YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, 'load', YAHOO.slider.box.init);
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        C programming language

        Computer programming languages

        Java programming language