Re: Dynamic Text in YUI MenuBar

  • skinsfootball
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      any ideas on this?

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "skinsfootball"
      <skinsfootball@...> wrote:

      > I have created a menubar using only script. I want to be able to
      > change the text items in the menubar from bold to not bold using
      > javascript in the application. I am using a global variable that
      is
      > the text I want ie. text1 = "some text" then when I create the
      > menubar items it says text: text1. This works fine. I want to be
      > able to change this by using text1 = "some text".bold() and the
      > changes be reflected in the menubar. If this function occurs
      before
      > the menubar is rendered, it works fine. If I use the .bold()
      function
      > after the menubar is rendered there are no changes, how can I make
      the
      > menubar change dynamically??
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Adam
      >
      > a link can be seen at www.odotgis.com the menu item under map,
      and
      > overlay layers is made bold before the map is rendered.

    • Caridy Patiño Mayea
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hello,

        Try to use the class for a certain YUI Menu item:
        If you have the reference to the menu item, you can add and remove
        classes using the YUI DOM utility, so using a simple CSS rule the
        menu's item appearance can be changed it without modify the text.

        Best Regards,
        Caridy Patiño (caridy at gmail.com)
        http://www.bubbling-library.com/