Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Align grids in header with grids in body

  • Nate Koechley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi bryan kennedy,

      Grids does not support this particular layout at this time.

      You could locally add #yui-main's rules (and other rules that hang from descendants of that selector) to a class of the same name, and then use the same structure in the header and in the body. But that's probably not ideal.

      Instead, I think your best bet is to write a custom layout. For inspiration you might look at how Grids uses negative margins to set the fixed width of the narrow column in the "present templates" phase (for example .yui-t1) and use a similar technique to set a fixed-size right region in both your top and body regions.

      Thanks,
      Nate

      On Jan 31, 2008, at 9:44 AM, bryan kennedy wrote:

      Woops my little grid drawing didn't survive the formating.

      Here is a link to a version that I know will work:
      http://www.mysterye xperience. com/sandbox/ yui.html

      \
    • bryan kennedy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Nate Koechley <natek@...> wrote:
        > Grids does not support this particular layout at this time.

        Ah yes, totally understandable. I just wanted to check to see if there
        was something obvious I was missing.

        > You could locally add #yui-main's rules (and other rules that hang
        > from descendants of that selector) to a class of the same name, and
        > then use the same structure in the header and in the body. But that's
        > probably not ideal.

        Yeah, this is what I tried at first. But I actually just changed the
        #yui-main into .yui-main (id to class) which worked just fine. But like
        you said isn't actually ideal.

        > Instead, I think your best bet is to write a custom layout. For
        > inspiration you might look at how Grids uses negative margins to set
        > the fixed width of the narrow column in the "present templates" phase
        > (for example .yui-t1) and use a similar technique to set a fixed-size
        > right region in both your top and body regions.

        Right on. That what I am currently doing. I just have a div, in the
        header region, that mimics some of the styles you laid out as an
        example. That is working pretty smoothly.

        Thanks for the assistance,
        bk