Dynamic Text in YUI MenuBar

  • skinsfootball
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      I have created a menubar using only script. I want to be able to
      change the text items in the menubar from bold to not bold using
      javascript in the application. I am using a global variable that is
      the text I want ie. text1 = "some text" then when I create the
      menubar items it says text: text1. This works fine. I want to be
      able to change this by using text1 = "some text".bold() and the
      changes be reflected in the menubar. If this function occurs before
      the menubar is rendered, it works fine. If I use the .bold() function
      after the menubar is rendered there are no changes, how can I make the
      menubar change dynamically??

      Thanks,
      Adam

      a link can be seen at www.odotgis.com the menu item under map, and
      overlay layers is made bold before the map is rendered.
    • skinsfootball
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        any ideas on this?

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "skinsfootball"
        <skinsfootball@...> wrote:

        > I have created a menubar using only script. I want to be able to
        > change the text items in the menubar from bold to not bold using
        > javascript in the application. I am using a global variable that
        is
        > the text I want ie. text1 = "some text" then when I create the
        > menubar items it says text: text1. This works fine. I want to be
        > able to change this by using text1 = "some text".bold() and the
        > changes be reflected in the menubar. If this function occurs
        before
        > the menubar is rendered, it works fine. If I use the .bold()
        function
        > after the menubar is rendered there are no changes, how can I make
        the
        > menubar change dynamically??
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Adam
        >
        > a link can be seen at www.odotgis.com the menu item under map,
        and
        > overlay layers is made bold before the map is rendered.

      • Caridy Patiño Mayea
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hello,

          Try to use the class for a certain YUI Menu item:
          If you have the reference to the menu item, you can add and remove
          classes using the YUI DOM utility, so using a simple CSS rule the
          menu's item appearance can be changed it without modify the text.

          Best Regards,
          Caridy Patiño (caridy at gmail.com)
          http://www.bubbling-library.com/