Re: DataTable 2.5.0 Update

  • gregg_fowler
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      Great to hear that these improvements will be coming -- the scrolling
      issues in particular hit me on some recent development. Also, the
      ability to show / hide columns is a step in the right direction.

      Have you looked at the Grid Filter Plugin to ExtJS's table? Its got a
      ton of great ideas built on top of the already nice set of features in
      the base grid in ext. In particular, some of the features that are
      compelling me to use it are:

      * compact, nearly free search filter options
      * ability to show hide columns (and since the selection options are
      built in, I don't have to add that externally)
      * without a lot of work, the ability to save / restore those user
      customizations. E.g.: if a user chooses a set of columns and / or
      sizes the columns in a specific manner, its nice to be able to retain
      that (either as a cookie or a server side setting)

      In addition, the grouping / group summary support is nice, but not as
      vital to my needs.
    • miketerrizzi
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Im excited, really excited. I just started using YUI in a recent
        development. My friend has been using it for about a year now and I
        look back at features that he wantted are now designed into YUI
        already. Keep up the good work. The poeple on this forum really make
        it easy to use and get help.