Re: DataTable 2.5.0 Update
- Great to hear that these improvements will be coming -- the scrolling
issues in particular hit me on some recent development. Also, the
ability to show / hide columns is a step in the right direction.
Have you looked at the Grid Filter Plugin to ExtJS's table? Its got a
ton of great ideas built on top of the already nice set of features in
the base grid in ext. In particular, some of the features that are
compelling me to use it are:
* compact, nearly free search filter options
* ability to show hide columns (and since the selection options are
built in, I don't have to add that externally)
* without a lot of work, the ability to save / restore those user
customizations. E.g.: if a user chooses a set of columns and / or
sizes the columns in a specific manner, its nice to be able to retain
that (either as a cookie or a server side setting)
In addition, the grouping / group summary support is nice, but not as
vital to my needs.
- Im excited, really excited. I just started using YUI in a recent
development. My friend has been using it for about a year now and I
look back at features that he wantted are now designed into YUI
already. Keep up the good work. The poeple on this forum really make
it easy to use and get help.