Re: Datatable - unable to delete a row

  • twocupcoffee
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
      haha, thanks for pointing that out. I wanted him to figure it out
      =)

      That's why I asked the questions.

      - Andrew Kou

      > I think you are still missing an important think that Andrew pointed
      out,
      > getSelectedRows (plural) returns an array, even if it only contains one
      > element.

      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getSelectedRows();
      > > var oRecord =

      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(oRecordId);
      > > alert(oRecord);

      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.deleteRow(oRecord);

      > > the 'alert(oRecord)' command returns null and the row is still not
      > > deleted any ideas where I am going astray ?
      > >
      > > TIA,
      > > John
      > >

      > > twocupcoffee wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Hi John,
      > >>
      > >> getSelectedRows() returns an array of record IDs, and the deleteRow
      > >> function takes a record from the datatable. So you're actually almost
      > >> there, you just need to retrieve the record using the record ID and
      > >> then pass the record to deleteRow
      > >>
      > >> - Andrew Kou
      > >>
      > >> --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      > >> <mailto:ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>, John Comerford <johnc@>

      > >> get
      > >> anything.

      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getSelectedRows();

      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.deleteRow(oRecord);

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > --
      > > 30/01/2008 20:51

    • John Comerford
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2008
        I thought since the array only had one element I'd get away with it, but
        that's not the case. Once I referenced the individual elements it
        worked fine.

        Thanks for the help,
        John