Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Datatable - unable to delete a row

  • John Comerford
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
      Thanks for then reply Andrew,

      I have changed my code to the following:

      var oRecordId =
      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getSelectedRows();
      var oRecord =
      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(oRecordId);
      alert(oRecord);

      YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.deleteRow(oRecord);

      the 'alert(oRecord)' command returns null and the row is still not
      deleted any ideas where I am going astray ?

      TIA,
      John

      twocupcoffee wrote:

      > Hi John,
      >
      > getSelectedRows() returns an array of record IDs, and the deleteRow
      > function takes a record from the datatable. So you're actually almost
      > there, you just need to retrieve the record using the record ID and
      > then pass the record to deleteRow
      >
      > - Andrew Kou
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>, John Comerford <johnc@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Folks,
      > >
      > > I am trying to delete the selected row when the user clicks a button.
      > >
      > > I have one main datatable with 250 records, and when the users clicks a
      > > button I open a Dialog with a second datatable. It is the second
      > > datatable I want to delete the row from. I use getSelectedRows() to
      > get
      > > the record Id of the selected row. This returns 252 and then I use
      > > deleteRow(oRecord) to try and delete the row, but it doesn't do
      > anything.
      > >
      > > 1) Is getSelectedRows() returning 252 correct ? I am thinking that the
      > > record ID's are uniques across both datatables so the 252 is the 250 +
      > > in table a with the first selected row in table b.
      > >
      > > 2) Do I need to do something with the record id to convert it to a row
      > > number ? deleteRow(252) does nothing, but if I deleteRow(0) it deletes
      > > the first row ?
      > >

      > > My delete code is as follows:
      > >
      > > this.filterRemove = function () {
      > > var oRecord =
      > >
      > YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getSelectedRows();
      > > alert(oRecord);
      > >

      > YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.deleteRow(oRecord);
      > > } // this.filterRemove = function () {
      > >

      > > TIA,
      > > John

    • twocupcoffee
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
        What is the value of oRecordId?

        Is the ID returning correct?

        - Andrew Kou

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2008
          I think you are still missing an important think that Andrew pointed out,
          getSelectedRows (plural) returns an array, even if it only contains one
          element.

          > I have changed my code to the following:
          >
          > var oRecordId =
          > YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getSelectedRows();
          > var oRecord =
          > YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(oRecordId);
          > alert(oRecord);
          >
          > YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.deleteRow(oRecord);
          >
          > the 'alert(oRecord)' command returns null and the row is still not
          > deleted any ideas where I am going astray ?
          >
          > TIA,
          > John
          >

          > twocupcoffee wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi John,
          >>
          >> getSelectedRows() returns an array of record IDs, and the deleteRow
          >> function takes a record from the datatable. So you're actually almost
          >> there, you just need to retrieve the record using the record ID and
          >> then pass the record to deleteRow
          >>
          >> - Andrew Kou
          >>
          >> --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
          >> <mailto:ydn-javascript%40yahoogroups.com>, John Comerford <johnc@...>
          >> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > Hi Folks,
          >> >
          >> > I am trying to delete the selected row when the user clicks a button.
          >> >
          >> > I have one main datatable with 250 records, and when the users clicks a
          >> > button I open a Dialog with a second datatable. It is the second
          >> > datatable I want to delete the row from. I use getSelectedRows() to
          >> get
          >> > the record Id of the selected row. This returns 252 and then I use
          >> > deleteRow(oRecord) to try and delete the row, but it doesn't do
          >> anything.
          >> >
          >> > 1) Is getSelectedRows() returning 252 correct ? I am thinking that the
          >> > record ID's are uniques across both datatables so the 252 is the 250 +
          >> > in table a with the first selected row in table b.
          >> >
          >> > 2) Do I need to do something with the record id to convert it to a row
          >> > number ? deleteRow(252) does nothing, but if I deleteRow(0) it deletes
          >> > the first row ?
          >> >

          >> > My delete code is as follows:
          >> >
          >> > this.filterRemove = function () {
          >> > var oRecord =
          >> >
          >> YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.getSelectedRows();
          >> > alert(oRecord);
          >> >

          >> YAHOO.example.MultipleFeatures.filterPanel.myDataTable.deleteRow(oRecord);
          >> > } // this.filterRemove = function () {
          >> >

          >> > TIA,
          >> > John
          >> >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --
          > 30/01/2008 20:51

        • twocupcoffee
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
            haha, thanks for pointing that out. I wanted him to figure it out
            =)

            That's why I asked the questions.

            - Andrew Kou

            > I think you are still missing an important think that Andrew pointed
            out,
            > getSelectedRows (plural) returns an array, even if it only contains one
            > element.

          • John Comerford
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 2008
              I thought since the array only had one element I'd get away with it, but
              that's not the case. Once I referenced the individual elements it
              worked fine.

              Thanks for the help,
              John