prompt before panel/dialog closes

  • twocupcoffee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hi, I saw the thread on the beforeHideEvent for the panel and I able
      to perform actions before the panel actually closes. However, I cannot
      find a way stop the panel from closing (prompt user that they are
      closing the panel). Does anyone have an idea of how to do this?
    • twocupcoffee
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
        I just wanted to post a followup.
        I found a solution to this issue, but I don't think there's currently
        a way to achieve this through the apis or the events.
        This is because of the way the panel's hide function behaves.

        All the panel's hide function does in the code is simply
        "this.cfg.setProperty("visible", false);"
        and waits for the configVisible handler to deal with it.
        and all it does is
        1. fire beforeHideEvent
        2. set panel's div's "display" to "none"
        3. fire hideEvent
        This means that beforeHideEvent and hideEvent are almost purely for
        people to attach listeners to.

        Now, my workaround =). Please don't cringe when you here this. What I
        did was overwrote the my particular panel's hide function at the time
        of init with my own handling etc.

        var myPanel = new YAHOO.widget.Panel etc........
        myPanel.hide = function() {
        if(confirm("Are you sure?")){
        myPanel.cfg.setProperty("visible", false);
        This may be painful for some to see...but its allowed and it's a
        relatively clean workaround.

        Hopefully this helps others that are looking to do this.

        - Andrew Kou

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "twocupcoffee"