Re: [ydn-javascript] How to keep YAHOO.widget.Menu open when item is selected?

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
      Frank -

      Menu is not currently designed to support multiple selection. If you
      haven't already, you can file a feature request via SourceForge and
      I can look into adding support for multiple selection in a future
      release of Menu.

      - Todd

      Frank wrote:

      > I built a menu for multiple selection by toggling the checked property
      > of the menu items. Unfortunately I didn't find any event or function I
      > could plug to, that indicates that the menu is closed.
      >
      > Whenever an item is selected, the menu closes. But for multiple
      > selection that does not work. I want the menu to close only when a
      > mouse click outside the menu is done.
      >
      > Anybody any hints?
      >
      > I found the beforeHideEvent from the module class, but I don't know
      > exactly how it can help.

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23 6:27 AM
        > Frank -
        >
        > Menu is not currently designed to support multiple selection.

        Ok, let's say it like this: I implemented a multiple checked menu. I'm
        not looking at the selection, but rather toggle the check-state of the
        menuItem with every select.

        So let's say I'm not interested in any multiple anything, I just want
        to keep the menu open when an item is clicked.

        Any idea?

        Cheers,
        Frank