Datatable horizontal scrolling

  • karla.valencia
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hi everybody, I have a question. I have a datatable, but it has over
      20 columns, so when the datatable is populated a horizontal scroll
      appears in the bottom of the page. I would like to know if it's
      possible to freeze the first 3 columns, so when scrolling horizontally
      those 3 columns always remain visible.

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks

      Karla V.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Check Jenny's recent email about the soon to be released bersion 2.5 of the
        DataTable or Eric's previous announcement. She mentions something about
        horizontal scrolling, but nothing like freezing some columns in place, not
        that I noticed. Nevertheless, the next version will support column
        showing/hiding and I guess that hiding columns beyond the freezed ones when
        the user moves right might be an acceptable substitute.

        The current version does not support that and I wouldn't bother toying with
        it at this point.

        > Hi everybody, I have a question. I have a datatable, but it has over
        > 20 columns, so when the datatable is populated a horizontal scroll
        > appears in the bottom of the page. I would like to know if it's
        > possible to freeze the first 3 columns, so when scrolling horizontally
        > those 3 columns always remain visible.
        >
        > Any help is greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Karla V.