Re: DataSource

  • miketerrizzi
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
      Well Im trying to load the data into a table, but then i need to
      access the data once the data has already loaded into the table.

      So i need to read the row, with col3=3445;

      I would like to return all the values into an array without reloading
      the datatable.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
        You can do that with any of the methods or events mentioned in:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datasource/#events

        doBeforeCallback is the best since you have the data already parsed in the
        third argument:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.util.DataSource.html#doBeforeCallback

        You can also loop through all the records using getRecord().

        > Well Im trying to load the data into a table, but then i need to
        > access the data once the data has already loaded into the table.
        >
        > So i need to read the row, with col3=3445;
        >
        > I would like to return all the values into an array without reloading
        > the datatable.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        > 30/01/2008 20:51

      • miketerrizzi
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
          okay so im a nut case and decided im gonna change how the data is
          displayed.

          Basically I only want to know whats currently being viewed. it makes
          it easier on the mind since i was loading 300 sets of data and I
          decided that i only need what the users is currently looking at.

          So I figured out that paginatedChangeEvent is when the page changes

          but what is the event that says the table is currently done loading?
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
            refreshEvent will tell you when the page is visible. It will be fired on
            any event that redraws the table, such as a sort or a page change besides
            the first rendering.