Re: [ydn-javascript] DataTable getRecord() How to get a datavalue w. recordset and getSelectedRows

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      What you are seeing is a dump of the YAHOO.widget.Record object which is
      what getRecord returns. If you are looking for any of the fields within it,
      you should use method getData()

      Also, the internal record id is the index the Record object got when it was
      initially loaded and it is kept for all the lifetime of the DataTable. The
      record index is its position within the table and it can change, for
      example, with a sort. Initially both will match but the record id is not
      the same as the row index. Make sure what is it that you need.

      Avoid using variables or methods that start with an underscore, there will
      be always getter and setter methods for those if they are of any use at all.
      Some variables are for internal purposes only and you should not rely on
      them and should not expect them to be available from one version to the
      next. If you use them you are on your own. JavaScript does not handle
      private properties and that underscode is the only conventional means to
      convey to the developer that the value shouldn't be seen or trusted.