Help with getting started

  • Bilal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
      This is my first time working with YUI / Java script / Ajax framework .
      Is there a Simple Step by Step article to getting started with YUI
      examples.
      I have tried to follow the example but this is not very clear in terms
      of where to
      put the code / or add any script file ..

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/#start

      I copied all the code inside an html file and tried running it and it
      complain about
      YAHOO is UNDEFINED …where do I get the YAHOO
    • Hollywood
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
        You need to include the Yahoo JS and CSS files in your html.  You can get them served from Yahoo.  Check out the http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/hosting/

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
          For some more in-depth reference, download the entire YUI library and there's an
          'examples' folder. There are multiple examples for each control. Look at the ones that's
          named _clean and it give you a better idea for getting started.

          Justin